This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Dr. Edelstein specializes in cosmetic surgery of the breast, body, and face. These are the most common procedures he performs.
Dr. Edelstein is one of Canada's leading Plastic Surgeons because of the following reasons:
1. Dr. Edelstein is Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the Humber River Regional Hospital (HRRH), one of the largest divisions of Plastic Surgery in Canada, with nine Plastic Surgeons on staff. In 2011, Dr. Edelstein oversaw 4779 Plastic Surgery procedures at HRRH. This means that in his professional career he has gained experience from tens of thousands of surgeries.
2. Dr. Edelstein is an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. As a member of these prominent medical organizations, he is dedicated to the advancement of the field through education, advocacy and legislation to protect you.
3. Dr. Edelstein has been a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) since 1997. He participates in the annual Maintenance of Certification Program held by the RCPSC that supports lifelong learning.
4. Dr. Edelstein is in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO). He was selected to be a panel member for the Quality Assurance Committee at the CPSO, where he also writes case opinions.
5. Dr. Edelstein has conducted research that has been published in Canadian and International peer reviewed Plastic Surgery journals.
6. As a respected medical professional, Dr. Edelstein regularly lectures on Cosmetic Surgery topics, has appeared on television, and is quoted in newspapers and magazines.
7. Cosmetic Surgery is a medical science with new techniques, technology and exciting ideas always evolving. Dr. Edelstein participates in regular Plastic Surgery conferences to ensure his surgical methods and techniques are the safest and most effective for his patients.
8. Dr. Edelstein is well versed in a variety of techniques, allowing him to tailor solutions to your individual needs. He brings together training and experience, artistry and an enthusiastic personality to make your Plastic Surgery experience satisfying.
Safety, comfort, and your satisfaction as his priority. He considers every patient and procedure to be important and wants you to feel comfortable and well informed.
You will not feel rushed during a consultation. Dr. Edelstein will take time to understand your goals and expectations. You will receive his honest opinion, without unwarranted exaggeration, about what procedures would be best for you. If he feels that your expectations will not be met, he will let you know and advise you of alternatives.
Patients have a choice of a private surgical facility or Humber River Regional Hospital. You may expect personalized attention, conscientious treatment and the comfort of knowing you are being treated by a reputable Plastic Surgeon who is respected by his peers and his many satisfied patients.
Dr. Edelstein received his medical degree from the University of Toronto where he won many awards/scholarships, including the prized Silver Medal for finishing 2'nd overall amongst his 252 medical school classmates. After completing his surgical internship at Toronto General Hospital, Dr. Edelstein went onto the University of Toronto for five years plastic Surgery training. In 1997, he received certification as a Plastic Surgeon. Dr. Edelstein pursued additional sub-specialty education in Cosmetic Surgery, training with one of the most acclaimed Plastic Surgeons in the world.