Brazilian Butt Lift is the hottest procedure in cosmetic surgery today. A rounder, fuller, sexier bottom is highly sought after. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, J-Lo and Beyonce have made a full, curvaceous behind very desirable.
Buttock augmentation with fat transfer (fat grafting) is a safe and effective way to re-sculpt the butt and waist area. It’s a 2-for-1 procedure. Liposuction is performed first to remove fat from areas where there is excess fat. This usually means the abdomen, love handles, lower back and sometimes thighs. As a result of this first step, these areas become smaller, tighter, and shapelier. Next the fat is processed and separated from other components and finally the second part begins. The purified fat is injected into the butt area to produce a rounder, fuller, sexier butt.
Benefits of a Brazilian Butt Lift over silicone butt implants:
* It achieves a more natural appearance
* Larger volume enlargement can be achieved by a Brazilian Butt Lift than by a silicone butt implant
* It leaves less evidence of surgery
* Scars after a Brazilian Butt Lift are tiny and when fully healed look like small skin marks
* They do not look like scars when seen by an average person
* It avoids Implant-related complications such as leakage, rupture, and hardening of the implant.
* Risk of infection is very small while with implants infection is the main concern during the early recovery period
* Surgery is much less painful than an implant augmentation
A Brazilian Butt Lift is usually limited by two factors. First, patients must have sufficient EXCESS fat that can be used. Most people overestimate how much fat they have. Remember, not all fat can be taken. Some must be left behind to make sure the area where the fat came from does not look deformed. Secondly, there is a limit to how much fat can be injected into the buttocks. Over-injecting is like overfilling a cup. After a certain point the excess just spills over and is wasted.
One of the main questions I am asked is ‘when do I see results?’. The change in the body shape is immediate, however I tell all my patients that right after surgery there will be a lot of swelling and all the fat that I injected will be there. Their butt will be large. They should not get too excited because over the next few weeks the swelling will go away and their butt will get smaller. Then over the next three months some of the injected will get absorbed and melt away. Thus the real final result is seen after three months of healing.
The ideal candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift:
* has sufficient amount of EXCESS in localized pockets that can be used for fat transfer. I am looking for an area where the excess fat creates a bulge and removal of the fat flattens that area (without causing a depression).
* must have realistic expectations and understand that the Brazilian Butt Lift is not really a lift and not really a butt augmentation. It is a waist and butt sculpting procedure. If they are looking for a much larger butt (and unless they have a lot of excess fat) then this is not a procedure for them
* must understand that some fat will resorb over the first three months and that their participation in the healing process is essential in keeping the fat resorption to a minimum
* must be in general good physical and mental health to be able to undergo any surgical procedure
* be able to commit to no sitting for two weeks
95% of our patients are happy after one Brazilian Butt Lift surgery. In some cases patients have more than one session of Fat Grafting. This is either because patients feel they did not get sufficient increase in their butt, or because patients love the results and want even more butt augmentation.