medicard patient financing

Skin on upper eyes

Home Forums ASK A PLASTIC SURGEON A QUESTION Skin on upper eyes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dr-Michael-Weinberg dr-michael-weinberg 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #3261

    Im in my late 30s and notice extra skin on my upper eyelids…my sister who is 10 years older than me has same but more obvious and I want to avoid that look. I was wondering if I could have a small amount of skin trimmed off, like less than what people normally do. Im so scared of it looking obvious like with Renee Zellwiger…she looked like a different person. I come from a conservative family. Also how long is the recovery, I assume you look very swollen at first. And does the eyelid skin heal nicely, will there be an obvious scar if I close my eyes? again, I do not want people to know thats the most important thing.


    For many people, cosmetic surgery that is undetectable is a top priority. To achieve this effect, you need to have your blepharoplasty before you ‘need it‘, as a large correction will be more obvious. Removal of extra skin is a quick, easy, and inexpensive procedure done under local anesthetic. Bruising can occur, and you need to limit your exertion for about a week. You will have a little swelling after 10 days (“it’s my allergies acting up”), but otherwise your sister will never guess what happened.


    Upper eyelid surgery, or upper blepharoplasty, seems to have everything you’re looking for: a (fairly) quick recovery and a discreet scar. With upper eyelid surgery, the incision is made along the natural folds in your eyelid, so the scar is essentially invisible once it heals. Your surgeon can easily remove a small amount of skin. You’re right to expect swelling, but the majority of it will subside within a week, and it’s also perfectly safe to conceal any bruising with makeup beginning a few days after your procedure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.