home
medicard patient financing

Ongoing lip injections

Home Forums ASK A PLASTIC SURGEON A QUESTION Ongoing lip injections

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr-Jerome-Edelstein dr-jerome-edelstein 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kylielips
    kylielips
    Participant

I have been having lip injections for about 3 years now. I love the look and have not had any complications (except for a lump one time). Ive read theres nothing longer lasting available in Canada for lips, but I worry: is there any chance of long time side effects? I dont want to have horrible lumpy lips in 10 years as my lips decided to reject years of being filled. Have any of you heard about a permanent filler being tested, I would have thought that would be top of the list for products we need! (I dont want fat, my friend had that and I barely noticed a difference although she was happy).

Dr-Jerome-Edelstein
    dr-jerome-edelstein
    Participant

With respect to Lip Enhancement, there does not appear to be any long term ‎side effects with the injectables used for lips. The reason is that the almost all of these injectables are made of hyaluronate, a natural body substabce that is non-allergenic and does not undergo rejection. It is readily broken down by your body, which is why you need to have injections repeated after several months.

There are no good, safe, permanent lip injectables at the present in my opinion. I think fat is the best option, as it is natural and does not cause long-term problems like some of the synthetic injectables did in the past.‎ Perhaps your friend did not have enough fat placed into her lips. If you want a permanent solution, I would give fat another look.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.