home
medicard patient financing

Microdermabrasion and peels are not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Robert L. Shenker Dr. Robert L. Shenker 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CJx
    CJx
    Participant

I would like to know the best current procedure to fix the deep lines on my face. Microdermabrasion and peels are not working (too subtle), and I do not want surgery or injections. Ive read about deeper lasers that you need to be put under anesthetic for as they are so strong….please tell me whats the most effective and I do not mind taking a few weeks off work. When I search its too overwhelming and half of it I dont believe. Thanks CJ

Dear CJ,

Thank you so much for your question. Having deep lines in your face is certainly not an uncommon problem.

Microdermabrasion and peels were, unfortunately, destined to fail as they are usually not the best treatment for deep facial lines. They are wonderful for superficial fine lines, as well as skin texture issues, but will achieve little or nothing in the case of deeper lines and folds.

Deep lines result from the loss of structure and volume in the face. There is atrophy and descent of the soft issues around fixed skeletal points, as well as the loss of collagen and elastic in the skin itself.

Unfortunately, the best treatments available for deep lines are the exact modalities you say you don’t want to have. Those would be volumetric fillers such as hyaluronic acid products like Juvederm, or, the gold standard for facial rejuvenation, a surgical facelift.

Wishing you the best of luck in your search,

Dr. Robert Shenker MD FRCSC
    Medical Director, The Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
    https://www.thecosmeticsurgeryclinic.ca/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook

Twitter