home
medicard patient financing

largest implant

Home Forums ASK A PLASTIC SURGEON A QUESTION largest implant

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dr-Michael-Weinberg dr-michael-weinberg 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mrsthompson
    mrsthompson
    Participant

what is the largest size of implant made in canada? I am a larger build (not overweight but I am 6ft and bigger build) with a wide breast naturally so could handle a larger implant. do any surgeons have photos of larger implants on larger builds? most examples seem to be tiny chests

Dr. Wayne Carman
    Dr. Wayne Carman
    Participant

The choice of implant size is very much a function of body shape and proportion. The largest implants readily available in Canada are in the range of 900cc. I have used these with great success in women with a large frame who want a generous look.

Dr-Michael-Weinberg
    dr-michael-weinberg
    Participant

As I understand it, the largest readily available breast implants are 800 cc, whether you choose saline or silicone gel implants. That said, the most common breast augmentation procedures use implants in the 300 to 400-cc range, and I would strongly advise meeting in person with a surgeon before making up your mind on a specific size. Every woman is unique, and it’s difficult to say that any certain volume of implants is the right choice without first understanding your body proportions. Most surgeons also have breast implant sizers, a sort of bra-like contraption that simulates how your chest will look with a variety of implant sizes. You’ll be able to use this device during your consultation or later in the planning process.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.