home
medicard patient financing

Is whole body liposuction possible

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Ryan Frank Dr. Ryan Frank 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Iwantlipo
    Iwantlipo
    Participant

I read that if you have liposuction and then gain weight, the weight goes to other areas on the body. So in theory could I have liposuction everywhere except my breasts and butt? is whole body liposuction allowed?

Dr. Ryan Frank
    Dr. Ryan Frank
    Participant

While its tempting to consider losing weight using liposuction surgery, liposuction is not meant to be weight loss procedure. The best results are obtained when the patient loses as much weight as they can to get as close to their goal weight prior to undergoing liposuction to attack “problem areas”. The most amount of fat that can possibly be removed at any given surgery is only around 10-12 pounds. This is due to safety issues with fluid shifting that can occur with larger amounts of fat removal; fluid shifts that can result in heart or lung failure.

I stress to all of my patients the importance of committing to a healthier lifestyle before and after liposuction in order to maintain excellent results. While its true liposuction removes fat cells forever, a patient can and will increase the size and number of fat cells in areas that have been previously operated on. In other words, a patient can reverse the effect of surgery if they are not committed to staying at or near their goal weight.

Dr. Ryan Frank
    http://www.ryanfrankmd.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.