home
medicard patient financing

C-Section scar, and Tummy Tuck questions

Home Forums ASK A PLASTIC SURGEON A QUESTION C-Section scar, and Tummy Tuck questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Dr. Nicolas Hynes Dr. Nicolas Hynes 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Saggytum
    saggytum
    Participant

Thank you for this chance to ask a plastic surgeon a question for those too scared to book a consultation!

I had an emergency tummy tuck 6 months ago, my scar is lumpy and bumpy. Do silicone gels like mederma really work? my friend said she used sheets after her breast lift, are they better and where do I get if I dont have a plastic surgeon yet. Are there lasers that can break it up?

also I have been researching a tummy tuck as I have saggy skin and a fat bulge, but I do not like the long scar, even if it is in the bikini line I know I do not want that. Do they use a c section scar on a mini tummy tuck but will that get rid of saggy skin? Can you describe a mini tummy tuck please.

Thank you again, appreciate it

Dr. Nicolas Hynes
    Dr. Nicolas Hynes
    Participant

Thank you for your question(s). I assume you meant emergency C-section (or similar) rather than emergency tummy tuck! It is normal for scars to be lumpy and bumpy at first. It takes a full year for a scar to reach its final appearance. Daily massage is important and silicone gel can be very helpful. We use Dermatix-C which comes in a tube rather than in sheets so it is easier to use. Your pharmacy may carry it.

A mini-tummy tuck flattens out the lower tummy only (from belly button down). The scar is slightly shorter than a full tummy tuck scar but longer than a C-section scar. If you try to shorten the scar, you can’t fully correct the problem and end up with “dog ears” (extra bulging skin at each end). The scar is better than the loose skin however and there are other scar treatments available (eg. microneedling, laser etc.)

Hope this helps!

Dr. Nicolas Hynes, MSc, MD, FRCS(C)
    Lotus Cosmetic Surgery Centre + Medispa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.