Facelift in Canada
A facelift (technically known as rhytidectomy)
can improve the visible signs of
aging of the face. Most people looking for a facelift have wrinkles and
skin in their face and neck.
is important to understand facelifts carefully because there are many
of facelifts being performed. Facelifts can range from one hour of surgery
hours of surgery depending on the technique and extent of work being performed.
skin lifts involve lifting the skin of the face and pulling it upwards
backwards to eliminate the facial wrinkles and sagging, then removing
excess skin. The major advantage of this procedure is that it is short
minimal healing time. Two problems noticed with this lift have been an
pulled look” and recurrence as the skin has stretched back out after
approaches in face lifting have involved lifting the underlying muscle
and fat pads of the face instead of just skin. This surgery is a little
extensive and requires longer healing time of up to 3 weeks but has the
advantage of providing a less pulled more natural look with longer lasting
the surgery incisions are usually made above the hairline at the
temples, go around the front of the ear, then curve behind the earlobe
the ear and into the scalp. Tissue and muscle is
separated, fat may be
suctioned and underlying muscle tightened. The skin is pulled back and
excess trimmed and then sutured or stapled into place. The incisions are
hidden in your hairline so you do not have to worry about the scars being
mid-face lifting has emerged as a new technique to lift only the
face without lifting the skin of the neck. This technique is especially
to younger patents with little or no aging in the neck area.
surgery is usually done on an outpatient basis or some patients are
asked to stay overnight. Your
surgeon will probably put dressings on you and
wrap you with a bandage that compresses the area slightly. After your
surgery you will be asked to keep your head elevated to avoid increased
If you had a drain put in to drain blood that will be removed in a day
You will feel discomfort and your face might feel tight, but pain can
controlled with medication. You can expect your face and neck to be swollen
and bruised - this can last for a few weeks. Stitches may come out in
if staples were used in your scalp they might stay in longer.
surgeon will give you specific recovery instructions but usually you
will be asked to rest for the first week. You will probably be instructed
to participate in strenuous activities for 2-3 weeks.
general, the goal of any facelift should be to provide a natural, more
youthful appearance which is not artificial in any way. Its effects typically
5 to 10 years depending on the type of facelift performed.
facelift is often performed with a forehead lift or eyelid lift.
discuss your particular situation in more detail, consult with a
surgeon in your area.
ONTARIO PLASTIC SURGEONS
TORONTO AND AREA :
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Toronto, Mississauga, Oakvillle, Brampton, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Burlington, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Hamilton, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Waterloo / Kitchener, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Sarnia, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Whitby, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Kingston, Ontario
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Ottawa, Ontario
BRITISH COLUMBIA PLASTIC SURGEONS
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Vancouver, Surrey, Langley, B.C
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C
MANITOBA PLASTIC SURGEONS
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Winnipeg, Manitoba
QUEBEC PLASTIC SURGEONS
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Montreal, Quebec
NOVA SCOTIA PLASTIC SURGEONS
• Find a facelift plastic surgeon in Halifax, Nova Scotia
OTHER CANADIAN PROVINCES